cherishedtiger
Green Thumb

Garden attempt #4... or is it #5??

Ok... so I had my garden perfect!!! It was like heaven was shining down on it. Then my dog decided to break out of his kennel, and destroy the back yard which included my garden. My hose timer, my hoses, dug the garden all the way up, the plants in planters, the planters them selves...

So I redid the whole thing, my sugar baby is gone, he ate that, and I cant find a replacement. :cry: My onion might survive, bought new corn, no sign of my beans, carrots were only seed, so they are so tiny I will probably have carrots coming up all over the place now... it was heart breaking!!!

Needless to say this was the straw that broke the camels back, dog has done thousands of dollars worth of damage, hundreds in training, he had to go. :cry:

But I have replanted, not sure if everything will be as it once was... wish me luck!

oh - how long does it take for beans (garden variety) to come up? I have nothing, they just don't seem to be producing! any ideas?

kimbledawn

I feel your pain, My dog was on a fast train outta here but my dh and kids got a kennel and watch him every moment that he is outside. :x

I hope everything is good this time. The beans that I planted seemed to take so long to sprout. Someone suggested that you soak them before planting.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Should take the beans 7-10 days to germinate if temps are reasonable. Helps to soak them overnight first. Too cold can slow germination down, too hot can sometimes stop them entirely.

cherishedtiger
Green Thumb

Ahhh, well I may check them this weekend and if still nothing, I may reattempt and take your advice and soak them.

Or I may do like I did with the rest of everything and just go buy already sprouted beans! :lol:

kimbledawn - good luck with your doggie, I think our decision to find him a new home was for the best, he really needed more exercise and room to run than we could provide. He will be happier now :)

Thanks for the advice with the beans!!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”