Decado
Green Thumb

What's Wrong With My Brussels Sprouts?

I planted these a week ago looking very healthy, but after a few days they started doing this:

[img]https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/wrathloki/Brusselssprouts01.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/wrathloki/Brusselssprouts00.jpg[/img]

Any idea what's wrong with these?

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Can you give us a little more background. Water, feritlizer, temperature.

In the second photo looks like the leaf is under the soil surface. Is the rest of the plant looking healthy :?:

Decado
Green Thumb

Watered as necessary, gave it compost tea once, temperatures have been above normal with the lowest being one night at 31 degrees. The rest of the plant looks healthy except for those leaves.

applestar
Mod

I would just clip off the damaged leaf because it'll be the "weak link" susceptible to diseases and pests, and keep a close eye on the plant (put a marker next to it) to see if anything else happens.

While it's good to know, you don't always have to know the reason as long as it doesn't come back -- just treat the symptom.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Agree with Applestar (of course! :) ), but if I had to guess, it looks a bit sun burned. Even with hardening off, that can happen with newly transplanted plants that still aren't as adapted to direct sun. If that is the case then the new leaves should be fine.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

My temps were very warm here for while and my Brussels leaves almost all yellowed and wilted. I picked them off and new green foliage took it's place. Still the plant has not grown very much in height since than if any.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”