Dixana
Greener Thumb

LOL you might wanna reconsider coming to my house tonight unless 34 degrees and windy as heck sounds good to you!
My hubby wants to take the boat out fishing amd even now in the warmest part of the day it's only like 55!! We go out on the lake I'll either throw up from the rough water or freeze to death....or maybe both :(

jmoore

Dixana wrote:LOL you might wanna reconsider coming to my house tonight unless 34 degrees and windy as heck sounds good to you!
My hubby wants to take the boat out fishing amd even now in the warmest part of the day it's only like 55!! We go out on the lake I'll either throw up from the rough water or freeze to death....or maybe both :(
OK then, bring your whole crew to my house. I just built a new deck in the backyard and it's gonna be in the mid-60's and clear tonight in TX. We can come to your place in Aug when it's still in the 90's at midnight down here.

I'll call tedln to join us. He lives near here too. We can all talk about fishing over a few Shiner Bocks. Just don't laugh at my little garden.

BrianSkilton
Green Thumb

Dixana, I see your from zone 4, what state? As I always have trouble with the wind here in South Dakota when its time to harden off the plants. For the last 5 days or so that I've checked its been everywhere from 18mph to 32 gusting to 40. Crazy, the temps are nice though 60's and 70's.

Anyway, what potatoes is everyone planting? I'm still waiting to get my out...

I have: Maris Piper, Belle De Fontenay, King Edward, Nicola, Epicure, Peanut

Dixana
Greener Thumb

I'm in central eastern wisconsin. We have pretty wacky weather, but just wind is not all that commom until lately!

barbelle

This is my first garden and I am most excited about the potato plants!! I built a "potato condo" as my container.

Wish me luck!!!

84pagirl

I 2 am excited about planting potatoes this season. I bought some french fingerling potatoes from gurneys considering the garbag can method of planting them, anyone tried it?

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”