Dixana
Greener Thumb

How much space for zucchini?

Gosh I'm the oost queen today :oops:
How much space will 2 zucchini plants take up? If I can somehow get em off the ground I know I can stuff em in there somewhere......

mikus

first off what kind of zucchini is it? I believe there is bush and vining type....I have bush and the recomendation is 3' spacing on them. vining you would need more space but how much more I don't know.

Dixana
Greener Thumb

:? I did'nt realize there were different types of zucchini as well.... whichever grows best in zone4 I guess if there is such a thing?

mikus

I don't know where zone 4 is...I think a lot of people suggest bush type because they take up less space and they are very productive and produce for a long period of time.

I'm a new gardener tho so I have no expert advice to offer. :(

hopefully someone with more experience will comment on this topic and give you a proper answer.

GardenJester

look on the back of the seed pack, if it says 3' spacing it is most likely bush variety. If it says 6' spacing then it's probably vine variety. If you train it up a trellis then, you can probably cut those spacing requirement by half. Planting squash on the edge of your garden will save you some planting space if you let the vines spawl all over your lawn.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”