Patty
Newly Registered

Garden Plants are turning yellow :(

Hello All,
I have a question that perhaps someone can answer for me or just some suggestion.

About 2 weeks ago I planted Potatos, Greenbeans, cucumbers, Tomatos, and a few others.

The plants seemed to take off nicely Growing like weeds Awwww! I was so happy with my small but beautiful Garden.

Over this weekend I read about putting down some mulch around vegie plants so off to the store I went to get the mulch. I spred the mulch lightly around the plants all is well

I wake up this morning and my plants are all turning yellow and look to be dyeing out now I'm starting to panic :( The soil seems to be moist and watering has been done never left unattended.

Thanks in advance for your help I hope some one can be of some help here as I'm at a loss in whats causeing this :cry:

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

May be a lack of nitrogen. Try some well rotted manure

dianabauman

Could it be that you may be overwatering??? I know I was overwatering earlier this season and the bottom foliage of my peas started to yellow.

Franco

Well I can say this: I planted about 8 tomato plants in my garden that have the same problem as yours do. But, I also planted 3 of the exact same tomatoes on my room (a part of my roof is flat and righ toutside my bedroom window so I can climb out. It's fantastic.) The ones on my roof are absolutely fabulous they are deep green and strong and overall wonderful. The ones in my garden need stakes. I'm guessing this is because of the sunlight received. My garden gets a lot of shade during the day but my roof gets a lot of sun. I fertilize every week alternating with liquid fish fertilizer and liquid seaweed fertilizer.

I'm not saying sun is the answer but it seems to be in my personal experience.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”