cherishedtiger
Green Thumb

Just planted!!

Yesterday I managed to re-do a poor attempt at my first garden... I got the corn, green bean, winter squash, and watermelon all in... I still have quite a way to go. But I am super excited and cant wait for things to start growing, and veggies to be delivered!!! However I can hardly walk, back is killing me and next weekend I have the other half of the garden to finish "creating" I will get there eventually! Just have to work through the hard parts!
[/img]

cherishedtiger
Green Thumb

[img]https://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k82/cherishedtiger/gardenandrandom007.jpg[/img]

Yeah its a tiny garden, but its just the DH and me, so figured I didn't need much!
And I planted things that wouldn't grow all at the same time so it may be tight now, but come pickin' time there will be plenty of room! :)

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Sounds like you are off to a good start. I hope you have a great garden.
Be careful with the back. I have to baby mine too. Welcome to the forum.

Joyfirst
Green Thumb

Very nice garden!
Winter squash- isn't it too late for it? And isn't it a bit early for the watermelon? What zone are you in?

RyanDe680
Cool Member

Welcome to the forum.

I like your setup. What did you use for your trellis? Looks like string and wood, right?

I'll need to do something similar so am looking for ideas....

cherishedtiger
Green Thumb

It might be too early... I am in California... uh Zone... yeah I am still fairly new to this, maybe the lady at the nursery lied to me just to sell the seeds...

The trellis is wooden stakes and kite string, and lots of staples... not tall enough but I used what I had on hand, I will eventually get taller stakes as green beans can get pretty tall, but wanted to hold off until need be...

Again, its my first garden... soooo new to this, but having a blast learning!!

Any and all pointers, tips or words of advice are always welcome :D

Lunacy
Cool Member

I'm new here also, looks good cherishedtiger! I'm tuning over sod everyday trying to get mine ready, I'm starting to feel it in my back too. I don't think my layout will ever be as organized as yours looks, happy gardening!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”