Scrubby
Newly Registered

Question about grow lights

I started my seedlings in one of the water from the bottom seed starter kits.. I started the plants at work because I moved and have no room ( for now). Since the seedlings popped I have had the grow lights on 24-7 and all plants seem to be doing quite well.. my Tomatoes are just about ready to be transplanted ( I think). Is it hurting the plants to leave the gro lights on that long? And what would be an exceptable time frame to leave the lights on? remember im at work .. Could I turn the lights off while im at work and turn them on for the night when I leave? And another question what pots would you recomend I transfer my plants to next? Thanks all
"Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son."

RyanDe680
Cool Member

Re: Question about grow lights

Scrubby wrote:Could I turn the lights off while im at work and turn them on for the night when I leave? And another question what pots would you recomend I transfer my plants to next? Thanks all
Thats what I would do.

Mine are on from 12-16 hours. I hope, for your sake, that you aren't at work that long.

I would recommend that you transfer to some plastic/foam cups, maybe 3-4" in diameter. At least from my experience, that has worked best.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”