Jbest

Cleaning out the Green House

I have to make room for my spring plants so this will be the last harvest of lettuce, endive and onions. It is well worth the effort but this winter it was difficult because of all the snow and ice.
[img]https://www.jbest123.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/P3060001-560x420.jpg[/img]
There are four pepper plants, two sweet banana and two red bell. They will be transferred into the garden. I am not sure if they will be transplanted or left in the containers.
[img]https://www.jbest123.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/P3060002-560x420.jpg[/img]
There were two early girl tomatoes but there is only one now. The one with the most/nicest tomatoes will be moved to the garden in its container. It is about four ft tall and lots of nice tomatoes, I will need help in moving it. I have harvested 20-30 tomatoes since the 1st of January. They were not as good as garden tomatoes but a lot better than store bought. John
[img]https://www.jbest123.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/P3060004-560x420.jpg[/img]

Halfway
Green Thumb

thank you for sharing

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

You make me sick.:hehe:

You know I'm just playing, I'm so envious of the greenhouse. Everything looks great JB I can't wait to see what you come up with this year in the acutal garden.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Some times I think I'd love to have a greenhouse like that. But when I think about it I am out in the garden until into Nov (doing fall yard clean up, etc). I start the first seeds under the lights by middle of Jan. I think maybe it keeps me from burning out on all this to have that little break to focus on the holidays, not the garden...

applestar
Mod

Oh, I don't know, put a wide-screen on the north wall, hooked up to the computer for web browsing and DVD, maybe a little wood stove to supply heat and pop popcorn/roast marshmallows and make some cocoa/hot chocolate, a little comfy seating area.... I may never come back in the house. :>

(I'm just kidding, I've no idea if a wood burning stove is even an option in a green house. I think I want a sun-room like that though. :wink:)

p.s. I HAVE considered a home-attached model on the other side of the chimney wall.... 8)

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I think about a green house everyday. When I drive around here and see all these people with ton's of land all I can think of is how big a garden I could have, with a greenhouse. :(

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

yeah, wood stoves are frequently used in greenhouses, as backup for oil heat, or just as main winter-nighttime heat source.

my wife and I are about to take over as caretakers for a 46-acre farm in the mountains...excited about the greenhouse, but we won't really be moving in until the greenhouse won't really help us prepare for this year...next year, though, look out.

applestar
Mod

Oh, OK. Put that on my wishlist then.... 8)

Sounds fabulous !potatoes! Good luck and keep us updated. I want to hear (and see!) all about it :wink: :D

Jbest

rainbowgardener wrote: I think maybe it keeps me from burning out on all this to have that little break to focus on the holidays, not the garden...
blasphemy, blasphemy.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”