hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

Direct seeded in the garden today

Spinach, radishes, mesculin mix, arugula, sweet peas, carrots, lettuce. Tomato transplants got their second day in the direct sun, with temperatures in the mid sixties. A cold few days are on the way however, so back to the greenhouse until that is over.

Next week will start early cucumbers, squash, egg plants, bell peppers, and more tomatoes.

nes
Green Thumb

Me and my 1/2 foot of snow (and more tomorrow) hate you just a little bit... :lol:

I started my transplants today and I'm a week early :P

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

I am just shaking my head. Here I am with a foot of snow on my plot and it was 14 degrees F this morning. Maybe in 7 or 8 weeks we will see some bare ground? Have fun planting.

BrianSkilton
Green Thumb

Yeah same here guys, I have 2-3 feet of snow out there, its crazy. In Dec we got a storm that just unloaded about 24inches of snow. Since then it hasn't warmed up enough to melt anything. The highs have been 15-20. Last year we hardly got any snow at all. I can't even see my plots. In fact I think Hawaii was the only state that didn't get snow (obviously).

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

It's just not fair. :(

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

I start getting cold when the temperature drops much below 55 degrees outside. Last week we got about a six or seven inch snow over most of the state. That was the biggest snow that we have had in over 20 years. You should have seen the three ring circus of the news media. You would have thought that we we getting a couple of feet over a two or three day period. As it was, everything melted the next day, as the temperature jumped back up into the mid 50's.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”