gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Spring/Fall planting guide I made, It may help you.

Here is small list of the basics I put together last year for fall planting reference. Feel free to use it for whatever you want. This should help out for some of the early crops this spring. If anyone see's anything that they disagree with please let me know so I can look into it. Whenever I find new information I add to this. So it's ongoing for me at least. I'm going over onion plantings now.

I hope someone finds this useful. :D (The dates on here are for me in 5b)

Dono

Cold Weather Crops:

Est. Frost Dates: USDA Zone 5B, Last Frost 4/30, First Frost 10/8

Arugula:

1. Site: Full to part sun
2. Planting: By seed in spring 4-6 weeks before last frost or in late summer for fall crop.
3. Care: Benefits from side dressing of manure. Water well, Remove flowers as they appear.
4. Harvest: Leaves as desired or remove whole plant at ground level with a knife.
5. Peculiarities: For best flavor grow in cool weather and harvest only the youngest leaves, heat makes old leaves bitter. Plant twice in spring, and late summer just before last frost. Pull up spring plants when it becomes hot. Or let seed, volunteers may develop in fall weather.

Broccoli:

1. Site: Full Sun, well drained, fertile, slightly alkaline soil. PH 6-7
2. Planting: By seed 6 weeks before last frost or by transplant 4-6 weeks before last frost. Seed late summer for fall or winter crop. (10 weeks BFF) Plant fall crops about 14â€

reneeleann

Thank you so much. I am new to vegetable gardening so this was exactly what I needed.

ogdenjj
Newly Registered

Thank you for the information, I have been wanting to plant Parsley and didn't know where to start.
Jeana

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”