gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

? about the mini Ferry morse seed starters

I have [url=https://www.ferry-morse.com/seed_starting.asp?type=greenhouses&search_string=&folder=seedstarting]this one[/url] it is a 72 cell planter. Is it productive to just plant a few seed in these at a time, like maybe 5 plants. I was going to start some Brussels Sprouts today but that's it. Should I use the greenhouse or put them in Dixie cups, I have a 200 pack of those for planting as well?

Thanks

Dono

the link kinda works you can select on the right6 if you'd like here's a pic [img]https://www.ferry-morse.com/products/large/301.jpg[/img]

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I haven't used the peat pellets or the mini greenhouse. But my thought is that if you start a few seeds in it now, then later on you won't be able to use the greenhouse dome feature, because you will have some already sprouted plants. The greenhouse is really only for germination. Little seedlings are vulnerable to too much humidity and not enough air circulation. But not using the greenhouse dome isn't really a disaster; I never use them anyway.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Yeah I screwed up, live and learn. This was the only size they had and I thought I would give them a try I should have gotten a smaller one. I already planted my B.Sprouts in the Dixies.

But what I was thinking was sprouting them in here and than removing them after sprouting before I planted anything else. I wouldn't leave them in and than cover and start more seeds. I got a little fungus on my radishes I left covered a little too long but they are doing better. I just didn't know if that big of a greenhouse would be good for a small amount of plants at one time.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”