syntheticbutterfly
Cool Member

Seeds are growing!

Well I planted a small batch of seeds on 17th Jan as I just couldn't bear to wait any longer, and the people I asked locally said no chance of frost here now.
Speedy Salad Leaf Mix- Planted in a mini greenhouse made from 8 ltr water bottle, germinated and looking good- I actually believe we might be eating this in the 25 days promised by the packet...
Beetroot- Planted directly in planter, and germinated. Pretty pink shoots.
Cape gooseberry, lobelia, viola- no sign yet, possibly I was a bit early off the mark although the packets did say these can take 20 days or more to germinate.

applestar
Mod

Congratulations! You're off to a good start!
I'm starting to pot up seeds here and there (1 pot of Lime and Sweet basil seeds yesterday. Potting up some flower seeds to cold-stratify today. SERIOUSLY thinking of starting some salad greens....) Not ready for the main seed starting program yet though. Brrr!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

YAY!! :clap: Don't you love it!?

I have little broccoli and cabbage sprouts under lights in my basement. Still snow on the ground where I am and going down to 11 degrees F tonight (BRRR!! here too!), so nothing going on outside yet.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Get-R-Done I have been planting myself. Onions the other day and various other things throughout the winter just to keep me happy and doing something.

Not quite ready fro the main stuff yet but it's not far off. We have another week of 20's for the high's right now. :( Possibly some big snow tonight. :(
But just came home with more seeds for the garden and seeds for the birdies. :D

garden5
Super Green Thumb

I haven't started anything yet :(, but soon I will be :).

Probably will do the onions first and then some peppers and tomatoes later in the month.

I'll have to resist starting early :wink:.

Good luck with your garden.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”