gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Compost, potting soil (killer deals locally check it out!! )

I hope this is okay to post! 8)

I went to Wal Mart today to get coffee filters and couldn't resist checking out the garden center. I found "Black Kow" composted manure (OMRI listed) for $.75 a bag :shock: it's normally like $4.00 or something. So I loaded up a cart till it was about to break. They also had Organic potting soil on clearance for $3.00 normally $8.50 yet another great deal. There were others but the "Black Kow" was the best. I wonder how much they want for a pallet there were three of them. :wink: I will go back again and hopefully it will still be on sale.

Don't know if your Wal Mart has the same thing going on but I thought it's well worth it if they do. Just Thought I'd throw this out there to you gardeners on a budget or not on a budget. :flower:

applestar
Mod

:lol: When I peeked in the glass doors to the garden center area of MY local Walmart on Sunday, there was a guy moving things around. It was obviously not set up for display/business so I didn't bother to open the door. As I pushed my cart in the other direction, the guy came rushing up to the doors, so I paused to see if he was going to say the area was open -- he locked the doors. :roll:

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Sorry to hear that Apple, but maybe you might want to go back now. They cut the area down quite a bit to be able to heat it. Most of the stuff in there 50% was sand tubes and salt they didn't sell, the other majority was stuff they are trying to get rid of before the spring rush.

But there was still some gardening stuff and the great deals I found, it may be worth the trip. I also picked up some worm castings though they were regular price.

The Lowe's just next door has gone from single seed stand that is there all year to "holy mackerel where did all this cool gardening stuff come from" in one week, you never know.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

just went back and got 12 more bags of Black Kow and 8 packs of seeds. Only cost me $12.50

Gerrie

put some of that black kow on a truck and send it my way, gix! Our walmart has nothing but seedling trays right now, the rest of the dept. is still winter stuff they haven't sold.

Zapatay

Though I really really dislike walmart - I'll head out to our today to see what I can find.... Thanks

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Zapatay wrote:Though I really really dislike walmart - I'll head out to our today to see what I can find.... Thanks
Oh you mean the way I HATE them, the way they treat their employee's. But I don't visit them much, the way I see ti I'm stealing from them now with such a great deal. Oh and it's all American items I have been getting so........

I really do dislike going there and usually when I do I leave in a bad mood.

Though today was a good day an older lady maybe 60 - 70 saw my cart as starting asking me about what to do with her yard. Asking if that compost was good for her yard so I talked to her for about 15 min about the RIGHT organic way to do things and warned her about synthetics so I got a good deal and did a good deed.

Dono pat's himself on the back :clap:

Zapatay

... I never meet people that nice ...but I have been told I don't give the approachable vibe. Perhaps I need to spend more time ...

Side note this page is extremely wide when I view it on my blkbry

Gerrie

I wind up hating myself for shopping there. I really do want to support local businesses, but...the price. So when I can afford it, I shop local and when we have no money, I shop the monoply. arrgh.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”