twinbabies2000

Where to get soil testing

I did a search and I know I saw something before, but can't find it again. My question is where do I get soil testing done at? I haven't read too many good reviews on the home testing kits.
I live out in the boonies on the Washington/Oregon border and there are not a lot of nurseries in the local area... of course I'm still researching that as it's new to me.

Thanks for the help.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Contact the nearest county Extension Service office. There should be a number in your phone book. In my phone book, it's listed under "E" in the County Government section. :)

Tater
Cool Member

Ditto and ask for an Organic matter test. In Ga it cost 10 bucks. Its really simple. We have a probe...if you don't take a piece of 1" pvc about 12'' long drive it Take that dirt and drop it into a 5 gal bucket. Get samples from all over your garden space and mix the soil together in the bucket. Fill the soil sample bag from the extension service to the line shown on the bag and return. We get our results online in about 5 days. tate

twinbabies2000

Thank you for the information.. I really appreciate it.

Turk

Also, you can get soil testing kits at most nurseries and garden stores. I got one today which test pH, Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potash for 20 American dollars.

twinbabies2000

Thank you Turk... now I have choices :D

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”