Tater
Cool Member

Getting ready for spring markets. help?

Am in Ga and trying to get ready for spring markets. My greenhouse is only 24x40 with single layered plastic. I have already seeded arugula,lettuce,raab.broccoli,sorrel,spinach and are germinated in 98 cell trays. The lettuce is in 255's. What else will grow and be ready by spring market? Am setting up low tunnels in the garden in the meantime.
Any suggestions for success? TAte (I got tons more questions...)

MysticGardener67

This is imortant. if it is, you can start thinking tomatos peppers and such.

You are going to have your hands full in about two weeks getting all those starts bumped up into packs or pots. LOL

I would love to get more specifics on your greenhouse , maybe some pictures?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

In the range of the cool weather crops you are talking about cabbage and swiss chard are others, also kale and collard greens, peas, turnips, carrots.

The carrots have longer time to maturity, so won't be ready as quickly as most of the rest of this. And root crops like carrots and turnips don't like to be transplanted, so are usually direct seeded in the ground.

I don't know about the tomatoes and peppers. Even if your greenhouse is heated, we are here at the shortest day of the year. Unless you can provide a lot of LIGHT AND a lot of heat, I think you are better off sticking to the early season crops you are talking about for right now.

MysticGardener67

be started in a cool house around about now, with a bit of bottom heat?

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”