gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I just went out with my son giving out bags to collect canned goods for his Cub Scouts.

I saw probably 40+ whole pumpkins. I had to fight back the urge to go grab everyone of them off the porches. Than I got to thinking when we go back to pick up the full bags I will bring some pieces of paper with my name and email with a message asking to email me when they are done with them for my compost. I'll just put them in their mail box.

petalfuzz
Green Thumb

gixxerific wrote:I just went out with my son giving out bags to collect canned goods for his Cub Scouts.

I saw probably 40+ whole pumpkins. I had to fight back the urge to go grab everyone of them off the porches. Than I got to thinking when we go back to pick up the full bags I will bring some pieces of paper with my name and email with a message asking to email me when they are done with them for my compost. I'll just put them in their mail box.
My husband wants to do this next year also. We'd write a short note and say to leave whole pumpkins or squash on the curb for composting--of course we'd remove the seeds first for roasting. ;) That will make sure people don't put them inside their garbage cans.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”