anitalynn
Newly Registered

Light green leaves on my 2 month old habanero plant?

What causes light green leaves, a few with browning tips, on habanero plants started from seed? My plant is about 5 inches tall with plenty of leaves, but it has the aforementioned symptoms. Light and warmth are not the issues. I just transplanted into a different 3-inch plastic pot, ensuring that it has well-drained soil, and I am watering from the bottom when the soil's top inch is dry. When I fertilize every couple weeks from the top, the water drains out of the bottom and never sits in the tray. I think I am doing everything right, yet the plant is not 100% - Any thoughts?

Indoor grower
Organic soil mix with perlite added
Filtered H20
16 hrs. light/daily
74-84 degrees F/daily

pharmerphil

anitalynn wrote:What causes light green leaves, a few with browning tips, on habanero plants started from seed? My plant is about 5 inches tall with plenty of leaves, but it has the aforementioned symptoms. Light and warmth are not the issues. I just transplanted into a different 3-inch plastic pot, ensuring that it has well-drained soil, and I am watering from the bottom when the soil's top inch is dry. When I fertilize every couple weeks from the top, the water drains out of the bottom and never sits in the tray. I think I am doing everything right, yet the plant is not 100% - Any thoughts?

Indoor grower
Organic soil mix with perlite added
Filtered H20
16 hrs. light/daily
74-84 degrees F/daily
sounds like you answered your own Question.. :lol:
if the plant was in a smaller than 3" pot, and had grown to over 5 inches tall, the tips browning and the plant looking pale don't surprise me, I'd go a bit bigger than 3" soon
everything else sounds correct, the 74-84° is perfect, What Type of light and fertilizer are you using?

soil
Greener Thumb

when you transplanted was the rootball full? either you need some food or some more foot space for your plant. most likely more footspace as the new soil will have some food in it.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”