Tammy42

Lost my main producing grn. bean plant today!!!

Today is a sad day for me, I lost my main producing grn. bean plant today!!! Last Fri. we went rving, made sure I watered the plants real good ecspecially this, well while we were gone, it did nothing but rain all weekend!!! I come home and the plant has 2 to 2-1/2 in. of standing rain in the container!!! So I imediately take out the standing water , add a couple of holes to the bottom of the container, and try to take paper towels and absorb some of the water out of the soil!!! I even put it under the carport so if it rained during the week, it could dry out and try to revamp itself!!! But to no avail, it has been getting worse and worse all weel, leaves turned all tellow and are totally wilted!!! I don't think there is anything I can do for it at this point!!! I think it will just go on the compost pile!!! This was my main producing grn. bean plant!!! :twisted: I still have another one but it does not produce as good as this one did, I hoping it will now take up the slack!!! I have placed it where the other was!!! Wish me luck, and that this one will produce more grn. beans!!! :o :shock: Tammy

crobi13

That stinks, good luck with the other one.

Tammy42

Thanks for the support. I am hopping the other one will pick up where the other one left off!!! I am hoping this one will not die off nither, it is raining here again, I am hoping this rain doesn't completely saturate this plant!!! Tammy

Diane
Green Thumb

That's awful Tammy. You never know with rain. If you don't water you find the soil dry an inch down, if you do, the rain drenches your plants.
I hope the other plant picks up the slack.
But maybe the sick one will send up new growth?

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”