jmoore

More free containers?

I took my 2yo son out in the bike cart last night and the same house that had the containers had added a big pile of 4x4's to the stack. Of course I stopped to look at them and they are in great shape. I frame all my garden beds in sunken 4x4's and can always use a few extras for the next bed I have to build. And 4x4's are always handy for any number of projects.

So tonight we are going back with the truck to load them up and bring them home. I've got a spot on the side of the house staked out for a bean trellis and I'll use the 4x4's to frame it out.

I like this curbside recycling.

jmoore

Got 'em!

17 5' 4x4's
2 10' 4x4's
5 10' 2x3's
and some assorted 2x4's

Plenty of stuff to do a couple of small beds and maybe even use as the foundation beams for the deck I have planned.

stella1751
Greener Thumb

What a score, Jmoore! Makes me want to take a drive our next extras day. I am readying a new bed for next year's tomatoes. The following year will be a permanent bed for strawberries and rhubarb. I need more lumber . . .

crobi13

That's a great find! Good for you :clap:

jmoore

They are a bit rough with various screws and nails in them. But I figure those will pull out easy enough. And it's not like they will be finish out for the new kitchen cabinets. Perfect stuff for in-ground planter edging and stuff like that. One of the neighbors stopped and gave me the thumbsup for grabbing the stuff and saving it from the landfill.

Stella, a neighbor did something to their yard this week. Maybe a sprinkler system and new sod. There were at least 25 bags of grass piled up in their front yard. It made me laugh thinking about you stealing bags of leaves :D

stella1751
Greener Thumb

I'm on my way. Don't let anyone near 'em!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”