somegeek

nes wrote:Oops, I lied! :oops: I went to go do a major trimming of the cucumbers today and a few of my really juvenile cukes (I don't know what else to call them...) are quite curled. However they all seem to straighten out as they mature.
Our sword cucumbers(similar to English) do the same. Start out a bit curled but straighten out as they mature toward harvest time. They can start out as nearly a complete ring a few inches across to end up a straight 15" long cucumber when harvested. These are also on a trellis so stretching out straight is pretty easy for them.

Tammy42

Thanks I will keep my eye on them, to see if they will uncurl!!! Tammy

Decado
Green Thumb

Most my early burpless cukes curled up like that. There's nothing wrong with it really, they still taste just as good.

Tammy42

Decado, even if they curl up like that, how big should I expect them to grow, will they grow over six inches? Tammy

Decado
Green Thumb

Some of mine grew to around 12 inches, it just depends on how big you want to pick them and what color they are.

Tammy42

Ok thanks Decado, the website I was on said you should pick them , but if they are not gonna be hurt or hurt the plant I'll continue to let them grow!!! Who cares if they are curles!!! Tammy

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”