Tammy42

Ate my first grn. bean harvest today, so delicious!!!

I couldn't wait till I had enough to make something with, the temptation was to bad!!! So after I blanced them I ate some!!! I couldn't believe how delicious they were!!! They were so crisp and fresh, not like those you get at the store that claim they are fresh!! They are so addicting!!! I'm sold will definitely grow bush beans again next year!!! Tammy

Diane
Green Thumb

Happy harvest Tammy.
I have to try beans next year.
Gardens are a little bit of heaven on earth.

https://s600.photobucket.com/albums/tt87 ... G00047.jpg

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

I've had good success with green beans this year, but very few of them have made it to the house... :wink:

Congratulations!

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

kgall

I planted a whole bunch of bush beans this year...It's my first garden so I planted them all at once...Won't do that again. We ate green beans every day for weeks!
I thought bush beans grew the beans and then were done. Mine are reflowering.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Tammy what kind of beans were they? You said bush beans, did you grow them in the ground or a pot?

I just picked up some Blue Lake beans, never did beans before so this will be an experiment of sorts.

Congrats on finding and producing something that you like so much. :D

zone9garden.com

There is such a giant difference between beans that come out of your garden and the ones you buy at a super market! Green beans are one of my favorite crops to grow!

Congrats on your harvest!

jmoore

Great news on your green beans! It's a nice feeling to eat something your grew yourself. Definitely more tasty.

I picked 4 of my yellow bush beans on Friday. Everyone got one for dinner on Sat night :lol: There are more growing that should be ready soon, and plenty more buds. I'm cautiously hopeful of getting enough for a full meal out of them this year.

Any my green beans are budding out too. I didn't think they'd be anything but ornamental plants, but I may get something out of them yet.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

jmoore wrote:I picked 4 of my yellow bush beans on Friday. Everyone got one for dinner on Sat night :lol:
Dang remind me not to come to dinner at your house! :> I would starve quickly. You all don't share the same ice cube do you? :P

jmoore

gixxerific wrote:
jmoore wrote:I picked 4 of my yellow bush beans on Friday. Everyone got one for dinner on Sat night :lol:
Dang remind me not to come to dinner at your house! :> I would starve quickly. You all don't share the same ice cube do you? :P
If we're running low on ice I may make everyone share a cube!

Tammy42

Thanks everyone for the compliments!!! Gixxerific, they are Bush Lake Green Beans, and I grew them in a container!!!! Tammy

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”