gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I'm expanding my garden tommorow, any tips?

I plan to water the area tonight, than again in the morning. Then I'm going to go pick up some horse manure mixed with bedding. I will till all this in, not sure if I will try to utilize this space this year or wait till spring. It may be rough but I'm crazy stupid at times, right now it is thick grass, soon well eventually, lush garden soil.

Thanks

applestar
Mod

If you're going to till, you probably don't want to water in the morning just prior (watering tonight is a good idea). Water AFTER it's all tilled and fluffy.

If you're not growing any produce here right away, I think you should plant some kind of a cover crop.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I though about a cover crop even just a bunch of peas since I have a bunch of seeds left.

About watering I thought it might be too much in the morning that's why I posted this for some ideas. I have my timer set for 15 min with an oscillating sprinkler should I do more than that. I also have a little sprinkler that doesn't get very large coverage but will soak the heck out of an area the size I'm doing in 10 min or so.

Just saying not sure how wet to get it.

And thanks as usual Applestar.

what would be a good cover crop that doesn't get real tall, I do live in a subdivision, I do have neighbors.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”