jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Beans at the Fair

[img]https://donce.lofthouse.com/jamaica/beans_ribbon.jpg[/img]
While we were canning beans, I decided to do a couple of jars for the fair. It took a bucketful to get this many straight and uniform beans, but it worked out well. I wouldn't want to try canning all my beans like this, but it looks nice for an exhibit.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

WAY TO GO! :D They look absolutely beautiful. I'm sure the ones you kept at home will also *taste* absolutely wonderful! :)

I won 2nd place at a county fair back in the late '80s for an edible product. People who haven't entered a fair probably would not believe just how much work goes into each and every aspect of the preparation.

But no one can take that ribbon away from you. Not ever.

Feels good, doesn't it? :)

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

Tammy42

Congrats on those beans and that ribbon, you sure deserved it with all the hard work and labor of love you put into it!!!! Our state fair starts next week, I am seriously thinking about putting in my peas or green beans to, but not canned, they have it here where you can also exbit them raw, so I am thinking about that!!! Which reminds me I need to look into it!!! Congrats again!!! Tammy

Jewell
Cool Member

Those are definitely perfect beans in those jars. Well done! It takes a lot of effort to be successful at the fair, plus the talent to can them. Fantastic! :P

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”