Balr14

Please suggest something to feed bell peppers and lettuce

I'm trying to stay organic, now. I originally had attempted to use Miracle Grow liquid garden feed. It killed my lettuce and damaged all of my pepper plants bad enough to where I decided to start over. So, after discarding the dirt in my containers and planting new, my lettuce and peppers are growing. I would like to feed them something to help with yield and plant/fruit size. But, I sure don't want to fry them again with Miracle Grow like last time.

Any suggestions for something I could use that's readily available?

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

All I use is fish based 4-3-3 fertilizer (soil fed every 3 weeks) every 2 weeks I pray the leafs with epsom salt solution (particularly when the new flowers emerging) and on alternate weeks foliar spray with kelp solution. It should be available at most nurseries or your local cooperative. I found that most large chain stores will not have a balanced organic fertilizers.

For containers, I substitute liquid fertilizer for Jobes organic spikes 2-7-4 (since liquid washes away too fast imo), available at ACE Hardware and sometimes at Home Depot. I also foliar feed them the same way as the ones in the ground and raised beds plants.

Good luck with your new plants!

Regards,
D

Balr14

What does epsom salt do? I think I have some algae growing in the reservoirs of some of my containers. Is this a bad thing?

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”