loriinor
Newly Registered

Hi there I need help Identifying a plant?

Can anyone please maybe give me an idea of what this plant is? It is fruit bearing with white flowers, in small clusters. We are trying to figure out if it is a weed or a pepper plant? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :?:

[url=https://img268.imageshack.us/I/plantg.jpg/][img]https://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8998/plantg.th.jpg[/img][/url][/img]

jem218

hi there, in my opinion and of course I couls be wrong but I reckon it could be peppers!!! how you describe them are very similar to mine, and the leaves in the picture are similar too
hope this helps
jane

applestar
Mod

It's a little hard to see -- I'd like to see the whole plant to be sure, but it looks like black nightshade (a poisonous weed) to me. Are the flowers tiny? If the fruits remain small round balls, then definitely.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I don't think that's a pepper plant. I can't offer an ID without seeing more of it, including a picture of the whole plant.

I believe it is a berry producer, though, and it very well could be a nightshade, as applestar suggests.

loriinor
Newly Registered

Thanks for the info! I appreciate the help:-) I am new to gardening and this plant is getting huge and starting to take over my brocolli just wasnt sure if I should get rid of it or not, as I wasnt sure if it was a weed or a pepper plant.

rootsy
Green Thumb

Nightshade family... Don't eat it... Actually pull it and get rid of it before those berries mature and drop...

A lot of commercial drugs in use today are synthesized from compounds found in the nightshade family of plants...

starflare
Cool Member

I know the leaves are wrong for peppers.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”