green~acres

Doing the Happy Dance

Yippeeee, we got our first Red Tomato today. It is beautiful. The squash and cucumbers are making more than we can eat. The squash I am putting in the freezer. The cucumbers I am giving away. Started getting string beans today.The lima beans and black eye peas are loaded with blooms and beans/peas. So those shouldnt be long before picking.Have a super day, All.

kylie77

Woo hoo! That's great! I can't wait for my first one! Hey silly question but how long does a tomato take to grow and ripen? I have a lot of tiny tomatoes growing, and a few that must be about full size now, but are still green. Just wondering how much longer I'll be waiting!

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

Congrats on the first ripe tomatoes. My first slicers are just now turning. Will have to step up the planting date (from seed) next year.

I don't know how long it takes to go from seed to ripe tomatoes, but think that it is a lot longer than anything written on the pack, when talking about those first tomatoes that get started during less than optimal conditions. Seem to take for ever to go from full sized green to red ripe.

green~acres

It does seem to take forever for tomatoes to get ripe. I guess I am just impatient.The roma are just starting to turn.It was about a week for the tomato to turn red after I saw the early stages of it turning. Hope everyone's gardens are doing well.

chefshelle

kylie77 wrote:Woo hoo! That's great! I can't wait for my first one! Hey silly question but how long does a tomato take to grow and ripen? I have a lot of tiny tomatoes growing, and a few that must be about full size now, but are still green. Just wondering how much longer I'll be waiting!
I am wondering the same thing! We have 286 plants, 9 different varieties. The romas came on first, and the others were shortly behind them. We have really nice size ones everywhere, but HOW MUCH LONGER! Some are the size of small tennis balls??

kylie77

lol I guess I just have to be patient! Just watch my first ripe ones will be ready during the 6 days that I'll be away! lol

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”