rigardengal

Green Beans vs Yellow Beans

So, I've planted both in my raised bed, in seperate spots of course. The green beans have sprouted long before the wax beans. The packages both say 7-14 days germination. Well, it's been well over 14, I've since added a few more yellow bean seeds to the area. Has anyone had any experience with wax beans? Do the seeds take longer to germinate?

BrianSkilton
Green Thumb

They seem to yes, I germinated a few bush green beans then some wax and purple and they all germinated except the wax, guess they take longer?

kylie77

This is my first year growing them, but I haven't noticed a difference yet. I started a pile of them a while back, both green bush beens and yellow wax beans. They germinated within a day of each other. Pretty much the same time. I also found that almost every bean I planted sprouted. I have more I planted a few days ago that I'm still waiting for so I'll watch them and see which pop up first.

2cents
Green Thumb

I plant all three varieties.
The sprout about the same.
This year the green bean were a little slower, but they were in a worst spot.

pharmerphil

yellow beans seem to be a little pickier as to the ground temperature
We planted green beans on the true memorial day weekend (not the observed) and they came up spotty, in about 6 days.. replanted the bare spots last thursday, they are up already, but I have planted yellows before and they always come up a few days later than the greens

Boboe

I've noticed my wax beans take longer to germinate. I grow pole wax beans.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”