girl friday
Newly Registered

Mini bell peppers

Hi, for the first time I've grown some mini bell peppers (mixed in orange, red and chocolate colours!) from Thomson & Morgan. The germination rate was phenomenal and I've got 10 plants!

I've got a patio and want to put them in pots but nowhere on the packet or the internet does it say how big the plants get or what size pots to plant them in.

Has anyone else grown these before?

Girl Friday

kylie77

Good question! This is my first year growing them as well. I have no idea how big they will get, but they do seem to be my slowest growing peppers. So I'm guessing not that big? I have 2 plants, one in the ground and one in a 5-6 gal container.

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Interested to know as well - I saw pictures not long ago on seedman.com and while it is late for me to start new seeds this year, I think these would make nice little ornaments on my deck next year.

So yes, for those who grown these guys - how tall do these get?

Regards,
D

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

mini bell peppers

I haven't grown them either and when I tried looking them up, I also didn't find anything to say how big they get--very mysterious! But I did find instructions that said if growing in containers, use containers that are at least 12" wide and 12" deep and if growing in ground, space 18 in apart. Hope that helps a little. My regular bell peppers don't get any more than 3' high, sometimes a little less; the minis will be smaller.

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

I think you are right, my bell peppers are maybe 1.5' high and producing fruit, so I think these little guys would be perfect for a patio.

Here is the lonely little ornamental on the deck right now:

[img]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/duhvinci/2009_garden/06_2009_ornament_pepper_1.jpg[/img]

Will definitely try next year!

Regards,
D

TrenaM
Newly Registered

mini peppers

Hi there, I seeded my mixed mini bell peppers in Feb, and they are around 60 cm high now with loads of baby peppers. I only kept 4 plants, so I hope I planted a chocolate brown one as well. Does anyone know how long the peppers take to ripen once they start to grow? And how big do they actually get?
Thanks

garden5
Super Green Thumb

I will tell you how big pepper plants get...........just as soon as the critters stop nipping them back :lol: :roll:.
There's something new growing in the Helpful Gardener Forum! Become a part of it here!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”