Ninelives

Onion Pics

This is the second onion to be picked this year, June 3rd, 2009

Organic onion Yummy

just wanted to share with the group.

[img]https://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu100/ninelives_9/Garden%202009/Picked%20veggies/PickedOnionJune3rd2009_01.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu100/ninelives_9/Garden%202009/Picked%20veggies/PickedOnionJune3rd2009_02.jpg[/img]

I want them to get a little bigger yet, My wife is cooking up some Boston Backed beans in the Dutch Oven and asked if id get her some fresh garden onion.

These were planted the last part of February , we have had to covor the top part of the onions because they where sticking out and we did;nt want the sun to mess them up, we covored the top parts with our home made compost. I can't wait to taste them, I sun dry the tops chives and she useing them in soups.
Look Up

BrianSkilton
Green Thumb

Nice looking onion :) What variety is that exactly? I have some red onions that will be ready probably in a few months...toward the end of summer probably.
Why buy produce when you can grow it?
-Nick

Ninelives

These are the 1015 sweet onions, I bought them at lowes super market. they were in a bundle smaller then my pinky, they were the first item to go into the garden, some of the onions are putting on seed heads so I covored the seed pods with pantyhose and used one of my hair bands to hold the hose on to catch the seed. yes this Cherokee has long hair.I will be testing these under lights when the seed pods have dropped its seed.

Hope you have a nice crop this year Brian .... Cheers
Look Up

Pebbles

You know, when I saw that pick - I thought the onion looked gigantic. I'm not sure whether it is the way I am looking at the photo but it really does look huge. How big did it grow?

Well done!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”