pepper4
Green Thumb

Dip in temp.

They are calling for temps to go down to hi 40's tomarrow night. Should I be concerned about covering or protecting plants? I have tomatoes, cukes, peppers, cabbage, brocolli, bush beans and cauliflower. All have been in the ground for at least 1 month. Alittle conerned mainly for the peppers because they seem to be picky. Any opinions? Thanks!
Bambi

BrianSkilton
Green Thumb

Yeah same here, it suppose to be 48 low tomorrow. They should be fine, the peppers took a few cold nights here and they look fantastic. The tomatoes on the other hand might not handle it as well, if you have any out their.
Why buy produce when you can grow it?
-Nick

pepper4
Green Thumb

Yes I do have tomatoes outside although they are in containers. Would covering them be efficient or should I drag those containers that probably weigh more them me now in the garage? Thanks for your reply by the way.
Bambi

BrianSkilton
Green Thumb

They probably will be fine, its not going to hurt them much. If it were me I would just cover them up if your concerned.
Why buy produce when you can grow it?
-Nick

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I wouldn't worry about them at that high of a temp. My tomato plant has been growing beautifully since I set it out in mid-April. It even has little tomatoes on it. The night temps here have been in the low- to mid-40s all along, until just a week or so ago. :)

pepper4
Green Thumb

Thanks Kisal. I'm just a first timer that got this far and didn't want to take any chances. :wink:
Bambi

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”