a68shaker
Newly Registered

Moles, Voles and other vermin that make you say #@%$

Ok, I have tried the battery and solar powered noise spikes, that are "guaranteed to work", and I have tried the "easy to use shaker bags" of repellent, that are "guaranteed to work" HA!!!, I have even stood this morning at the grave of another plant that was shaking by it's roots from another attack, with the point of a sharp shovel at the leading burrow to the doomed plant, waiting to separate the offending vermin's head from it's body, MISSED, (you know?,,, those things are fast!!!), I have even tried the spring loaded tunnel trap, to no avail,,,, Does anyone know of anything that works? Of course, I can't use anything poisonous that will transfer to the garden plants, but there has got to be a old school potion that will work . thanks

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Plant some caster beans, also known as mole beans. It will kill all moles dead. It also kills termites, carpenter ants and maybe a few other things we don't like.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

The moles are carnivores. They eat earthworms, insects and grubs that they find in the soil. Voles use mole tunnels and eat plants. Get rid of the things the moles feed on by using BT or nematodes. Then there won't be any tunnels for the voles to use to get to your plants. :)

[url=https://www.moleinator.com/moleid]Mole information[/url]

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”