momof4rugratz

Pepper plants should we transplant.

Ok here is DH plant and wants to show his new peppers. The pail said to keep it in there but we want to put it in the ground think it is safe right now to do so. I just don't want this plant to get root bound like our tomato plant did.

There is 5 little peppers on it 1 is a good size. There is white flowers do ya think those will be peppers. If so the plants are full of them.
[img]https://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/momof3rugratz/Garden%202009/Pictures5-23-09056.jpg[/img]

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Yes the little white flowers will be peppers and yes you want to get it out of the pot and put it in the ground. If that's for some reason not possible, then I'd try to find a bigger container to grow it in....

BrianSkilton
Green Thumb

Yeah repot the peppers, or get them in the ground. Looks like you have two plants in one pot, never a good idea if you want them to produce a lot of peppers, they will do better in the ground. Yes, the flowers will fall off eventually and a pepper will form behind where the flowers use to be. You will also get more flowers, the more flowers the higher the yield.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”