pensacola jim

Miracle grow

I need some feedback on what you think about applying miracle grow
to my vegetable garden, Tomatoes,cucumbers,squash as an only way of feeding them

MoPlants
Newly Registered

Back when I was a younger gardener we had a really late spring and my veggie plants just sat there and sat there and did not grow because it was so cool. I assumed a dose of Miracle Grow would get them going. Boy did it! Problem was that they grew TOO well. The nitrogen in the fertilizer made the stems and leaves grow like crazy, but the plants then were reluctant to flower nor produce fruit.

I had the biggest plants ever that year and the smallest crop.

So beware and if you had properly fortified your soil prior to planting you wouldn't need to feed at all. And if you do need to feed because this isn't a perfect world and we all can't have a perfect garden, try something mild and organic with slow release so you don't risk creating a flowerless, fruitless jungle. :wink:

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

If you start plants from seeds miracle grow is great to water your plants. If you have a tiny garden miracle grow will work fine. How large is your garden.

pensacola jim

It's rather small, [img]https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j20/devildriver100164/060.jpg[/img]

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”