jelyphish420
Newly Registered

Someone Please help with my peppers!

I have 6 Jalepeno, 4 habinero, 3 bannana, 2 green bell, 1 hot cherry and 1 red bell. the range from 6" to 12" on all the the top new growth the leaves are distorted and wrinkled. Also some of them are starting to flower already. It seams a little early for flowers to me. Does any one have any Ideas what could be the cause of the wrinkled leaves and flowering? Please HELP.

Thanks
Rob [/img]

BrianSkilton
Green Thumb

Don't worry about the wrinkly leaves, peppers are so picky. There is a chance that its focusing more on the fruit it will be growing. Anyway pluck them of if your going to be planting these outside. Also if you want to encourage more growth pluck them off.

pepper4
Green Thumb

Nick, were you suggesting plucking off the wrinkley leaves or flowers? Just checking because mine are outside and some have flowers.

kylie77

I'm no expert at all. This is my first year growing peppers as well. But, I thought I might be able to help. There was a link someone posted on here about growing peppers, I can't remember which thread though. Maybe you could have a look through. It was very informative. It did have something on there about wrinkled leaves though. There was a picture of pepper leaves just starting to sort of pucker and it said that it was crying out for bonemeal. Have you used bonemeal on these plants at all? After reading that I had transferred some of my peppers, but left 3 of them for a while to comare what the difference was. I added bonemeal to the peppers I moved, and didn't to the others. After about a week the ones I haden't moved did start to pucker a bit. I have since moved those ones and added bonemeal, and they've straightend out again.

Hope this helps.

BrianSkilton
Green Thumb

I was talking about the flowers, but since you have them outside already, it is up to you. Plucking the flowers just allows the plant to focus more on growing bigger and stronger which allows for more yield. Like Kylie said, bone meal would help with the wrinkly leaf problem. You can also add some fish emulsion, or kelp emulsion to the soil.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”