mulutchoker
Newly Registered

green bells

my plants are flourishing,tons of buds but so far ive only got 2 peppers on one plant,one pepper matured then a couple of weeks later on the same plant another is growing nicely but thats it.i only have 2 plants now ,im just getting my feet wet and learning before i do more plants.

BrianSkilton
Green Thumb

Re: green bells

mulutchoker wrote:my plants are flourishing,tons of buds but so far ive only got 2 peppers on one plant,one pepper matured then a couple of weeks later on the same plant another is growing nicely but thats it.i only have 2 plants now ,im just getting my feet wet and learning before i do more plants.
How old are the plants? Give em a few weeks....they produce most of the summer long.
Why buy produce when you can grow it?
-Nick

mulutchoker
Newly Registered

bells

these plants are about 3 mo. old and 2ft. high and have already produced one mature peper with another on the way .but thats it.tons of blooms but no produce.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

pepper plants not setting fruit

Not that I'm an expert, but offhand I can only think of a couple things:
Temperature--Peppers are warm-weather plants. If night temperatures are below 50 degrees F the plants may grow slowly and not set fruit. Fertilizing-- If you are over fertilizing, the plants will grow fast, but focus on growing the vegetation, not fruit. If neither of these are it, then someone else will have to try.

BrianSkilton
Green Thumb

Yeah, give them some more time, they will come. I have two month old plants and they are starting to bud but thats it. You can also pick off a lot of the flowers, so the the plant will grow bigger instead of focusing on growing fruit, you will have a bigger yield in the end...that is what I read on another forum.
Why buy produce when you can grow it?
-Nick

chefshelle

You can also try "tickling" your peppers. Brush a feather over the flowers on the plants, moving from one bud to the next & plant to plant.
Michele

Check out our wonderful gardening supplies in the Home & Garden section of...
CheapWholesaleTools.com

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”