ManokAnak

kylie77,

If you do plant all your zucchini plants and you find you have plenty of fruits, you can just harvest the flowers. They can be stuffed and fried.

kylie77

Thanks for that. I've never heard of that before so would definately be fun to try! Oh and my dh is a chef, so I'm sure he would know what to do with them!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Your average last frost date is May 15th and you don't have anything planted yet? My average last frost date is April 15th and I started the first seeds indoors in mid January, cold weather and cold hardy stuff like cabbage, broccoli, fennel, cold hardy perennials like coreopsis. By mid feb I planted stuff like tomatoes and peppers and last weekend I planted everything else - squash, hyacinth bean vine, climbing snapdragon. If I could plant tomatoes (indoors of course) 6 weeks ago, it seems like you could certainly be planting your before now? My cabbage and broccoli have been in the ground outdoors (with cloches) for a couple weeks. They have been through several below freezing nights no problem. Now I have petunias and early varieties of tomatoes out in the (unheated, not very airtight) greenhouse during the days, though I'm still bringing them in for cold nights, because we are in a very up and down season.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”