Ria

Fall Veggie Garden

Is there anyone from North Florida doing any gardening ths year? If so how is it going? I planted some tomatoes which were doing pretty good but I am not sure how they will turn out now after the few nights of low temp. last week . Bok Choys are doing ok so are the radishes and lettuce. Peppers did not make it this year at all as they were all eaten down within 2weeks of being planted. :( . I have since made some spray from hot peppers and garlic which is working well on the other veggies. Seems the temp. has been lower this fall than when I started my veggie garden 3 years ago in fall.

ndorfinmachine

I'm in south ga, (just a few miles north of the florida line), and my garden is still doing great. I've already picked all the turnips, and just picked a bag full of mustard greens today. I've got some lettuce that looks like its going to do something. My first time trying lettuce. It just seems like it's taking forever to get any size to it. What kind of lettuce do you have? I am trying iceberg.

Sienna Dawn

I'm in Pensacola, and have some stuff growing right now. Lettuce, onions, turnips and collards. I planted broccoli but it didn't make it. :(

It was my first attempt at planting any of the above, except for onions.

Here are some pics of what did make it:

[img]https://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s269/siennadawn/lettuces.jpg[/img]
Three kinds of lettuce... I forget now which, except for the romaine (top of pic)

[img]https://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s269/siennadawn/collardsturnipsandonions.jpg[/img]
Onions, turnips and collards (left to right)

The turnips are a bit holey on the leaves... something is snacking on them, but I can't see what. Will try some soapy spray and see if that helps. We are supposed to get some cold weather next week, so I am gonna try some of the collards after they get a little frost.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”