sid

whitefly on my kale

Hiya has anyone got a remedy( if poss organic )for getting rid off or even deturing white fly, as my curly kale is infrested with them :( :roll:

fiffy0717
Newly Registered

My plants are invested by spider mites and whitefly, been battling for the past 2 months. I've tried Trilogy 70 (was told to be organic insecticide) and diy solution (oil mix w/ dish washer, found on internet), I applied them alternatively every week. They disappeared for a few days but return soon after. Among the 2, Trilogy 70 is more effective. It is basically neem oil plus other stuff.

The spider mites are very attracted to my squash & bean plants and whitefly are more attracted to my tomato plants. Tho both can be found on almost all the plants.

I will continue my battle ... :evil: Anyone has better solution to get rid of them?

sid

Thanks for replying, I ended up harvesting the lot and soaking them all in a bucket of water 4 a day and that did the trick! My friend told me about spraying with washing up liqiud early before they get a good hold and this is ment to help keep them down (both spidermite and white fly) so next yr I'm gonna be on the ball will let you know how it goes :lol:

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”