dinker

Id Info

Sorry I cant post a picture had my computer worked on for some reason I cant down load my pic's I have a plant that is growing wild in a area behind my house that I don't mow The leaf is shaped like a oak leaf but small with thin spines around it.Here is the strange part the flower or seed pod looks like a 2inch bright purple pinapple each off shoot on a branch has one so there is many on one plant I have looked threw FSA dept's ID on Ks weeds and flowers and found nothing. I have a lot of these plants back there. I would like to ID it so I know if its Toxic or not. Love the color but with grand kids I want to keep it safe.Oh the tops are purple instead of the green on pinapple

american_gardener

Dink..

Without a pic.. I'm just guessing here. So, my guess would be [url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datura_stramonium[/url] Jimson weed. Which if it is it could be illegal where you live.

smokensqueal
Green Thumb

:D LOL :lol: I can't believe that. Growing up I noticed it in our feeds and around out creek. Just thought it was a weed. If I know it had those powers I could of been rich!

Edit: feeds :lol: I think I was taking some of this weed when I was typing. I meant fields. I noticed this stuff in our fields while growing up.
Last edited by smokensqueal on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

dinker

Thanks for trying :D
Close but not it. Ill take my card to work with me and see if the photo place can print it off my card.I live 40+miles from a photo place forgot it yesterday
ditch weed / stink weed :shock:
I have pulled it out with bare hands before.
Just got a vision of me skipping threw the field singing tip toe threw the tullips or Falling a sleep out in the middle of no where
I think I need read the effects part on plants a little better from now on

american_gardener

Dinker..

That's a good thing I guess that I was wrong. Otherwise it mighta been best to try and control whatever weed ya got by pullin it. Don't think it's something I'd want around with small kids that could accidently get ahold of.

But, if ya get a picture on here it'll be alot easier to tell ya what it is. I'll give it another shot after you get the pic.

Dave

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”