mbaker410

Red Jalapeno???

Ok,

Its been a while since I have posted but as an update all my plants have done great. I had a little confusion as to what I was going to do with 5 jalapeno plants which I have uses as many of as possible.

Today I was picking more tomatoes and noticed something red coming from my jalepeno plant. When I looked closer I noticed a "red jalapeno" hanging on my plant.

I will post pics of it later but any ideas how I got a red jalepeno or does this just happen from time to time?

Mike

Roger

It's normal - sometimes older jalepenos on the bush will turn red normally. Sometimes its a deep chocolate color; other times it can be a bright scarlet, or a mottled combination, or anything in between.

mbaker410

Good to know. thanks for the info.

Mike

David Taylor
Cool Member

This is eerie, because I'm trying a square-foot garden set-up for the first time. It struck me that this set-up is good for herbs and specialty items that normally I just don't grow. I planted basil, oregano, Anaheim, Habano, Jalapeno, and Serrano peppers. Without much thought, I just assumed they were supposed to be red, or in the case of the habano, a curious shade of orange. The tag that was in the plants' shows the peppers to be red. The wife informs me yesterday to bring up all the peppers we got, and I tell her very few of them are really red.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”