taterbug
Newly Registered

rabbits!!!!

What do I plant around the perimeter of my Garden to repel rabbits?I do not want to use chemicals, are there any plants that repel them?

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

Simplest solution is a low rabbit fence. Only needs to be about 18 inches tall.

taterbug
Newly Registered

hendi_alex wrote:Simplest solution is a low rabbit fence. Only needs to be about 18 inches tall.
Thanks, I may have to do that, although I was hoping for an idea on plants that repel, I think they would look better anyway.

rondo769
Cool Member

I've heard really stinky cat litter repels them,never tried it myself,I use a much more efficient method of critter control??

Coleman
Newly Registered

My parents say the smell of marigolds keeps rabbits away so I've got them planted around my garden. I'm not sure if they are keeping the rabbits away or not.

On the other hand, I have a couple of [url=https://www.amazon.com/Contech-Electronics-Scarecrow-Motion-Activated-CRO101/dp/B000071NUS/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1220627110&sr=8-1]Contech Scarecrow[/url] Motion activated sprinklers, and they keep everything larger then a mole away. Including me if I forget they are there and still on.

smokensqueal
Green Thumb

This spring we had a rabbit problem and tried to take some black pepper and crushed red pepper and sprinkeled it around our garden. It seemed to work. We didn't have any thing else get eaten. I read somewhere that since rabbits continually sniff that pepper would keep them away. I'm not sure if they learned or just ran away but we never had to reapply the pepper.

delmarvagardener
Newly Registered

When I get my first garden started this spring I am sure these guys are going to be a problem. I think I am going with the low fence all the way around the perimeter. My only concern is that this may complicate the use of my tiller when needed.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”