Nogol

Zucchini Leaves taking over!!

Hey guys,
Anybody know if it is really bad for my zucchini plants if I were to cut back a few of the leaves, because they are getting pretty huge and blocking sunlight from some of the other things planted in the garden. I know that was poor planning on my behalf when I planted things, but what can I do to solve the problem?

Crash6422
Newly Registered

Hi there, I am looking for the same information. I remember reading in the pumpkin caring site, that you have to bury the end in the soil if you cut the runner off to prevent drying or disease. But not sure about the zucchini leaves. They are taking over.

Roger

I've cut a few leaves off of various squash plants in the past that were in my way or too close to another plant, with no ill effects. Trimming a few offending leaves shouldn't be a problem, in my opinion. It didn't seem to bother my plants.

dinker

Hello to all. I didnt actually cut mine but have had a few broke off from time to time and it didnt seem to bother it.

Nogol

Awesome guys, Thanks!

Crash6422
Newly Registered

THANK you all! I am getting some fruit, I seem to have to take them when they are about 5=6" long or they rot on the end. even some tiny ones are rotting on the end. Any tips for that? 8)

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”