pepperhead212
Greener Thumb

Re: Whats your favorite vegetable?

Welcome to the forum!

That's impossible to pick, though not a day goes by that I don't have peppers in some form on something! Garlic and onions come close, however.
Dave

TomatoNut95
Greener Thumb

Welcome who to the forum?

Mine is tomatoes, peppers and okra. I love onion but I can't grow it, it always rots. Fresh lettuce is also nice.

pepperhead212
Greener Thumb

Someone had posted this question as a first post - were they deleted, because they were a known spam, or did they delete themselves? That was weird.
Dave

TomatoNut95
Greener Thumb

Oh you mean that johnsmith person.... Their thread about asking how to rid flies from their compost bin is gone to, I don't know why somebody thought they were a scammer.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Our favorite vegetables are, tomatoes, potatoes, corn, beans, peppers, onions, garlic.

Vanisle_BC
Greener Thumb

Favorite vegetables? Roast potatoes with garden peas, asparagus and a side order of grass-fed Filet Mignon in a mushroom/onion sauce :D
I think the world is full of incredible abuses of power at the moment and terrifying injustices, but there seems to be so much slack energy going into what I think is much smaller stuff. Andrew O'Hagen

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Winter Squash.jpg
These have to rate fairly high. (Certainly they had better for the winter 2020-21!) It was a very good year for winter squash and the photo of Buttercups & Kabochas doesn't include some that were given away, and the little pie pumpkins and a homegrown hybrid already at home. We are having a very late Fall frost this year. I hope that adds to a loooong storage life.

I said something over on the Covid thread about cooking pumpkin pies since I was a kid. I can't turn all these into pie but they sure are easy to microwave.

It was also a good year for green beans and baby beets but too late to post a picture. They are a couple of favorites. Sweet corn has to be another. And, I enjoy growing lots of tomatoes for all kinds of eating! I suppose that I can say that we eat a lot of onions, altho they can't exactly be called a favorite - well, maybe :wink: .

Steve
We are each other's harvest; we are each other's business; we are each other's magnitude and bond. ~ Gwendolyn Brooks

applestar
Mod

CARROTS! :lol:

Woman finds long-lost diamond ring on carrot in garden - BBC News
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40956139
Learning never ends because we can share what we've learned. And in sharing our collective experiences, we gain deeper understanding of what we learned.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”