tmattm
Newly Registered

Indoor Palm Tree Help

Hello,

I purchased a Palm Tree about two months ago (pictures below) and I have noticed that it is starting to turn brown on the ends of the leaves and have also noticed brown spots as well as the leaves drooping/wilting. The palm tree is 7 feet tall and was purchased from a large palm tree supplier who potted it for me. From what I have found out online, it's either due to under-watering, over watering, or humidity level. With it getting warmer outside I do have the AC on, however the house never gets below 70 degrees. I water it twice a week, a little more than a gallon each time out of the tap. The palm gets sunshine several hours a day where it's currently placed at.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated so I can save this tree before it's too late! Also, what type of palm tree is this?

Thank you!
f7910ce7-8167-4170-88ce-2acd5f1cd9bb.jpg
55443e7f-884f-4b9e-a29c-347f6f925266.jpg
IMG_9451.JPG

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

Oddly enough, too much fertilizer can cause a palm tree to become brown. As well as too little fertelizer. If you don't fertelize the palm tree, I recomend that you start. And if you currently do fertelize it, maybe check the label on the fertilizer and make sure that you are feeding it just the perfect amount.

Also, palm trees will not thrive in soil that is not light and has no good drainage.

tmattm
Newly Registered

Thank you for your reply. I have not fertilized it yet so I will look into doing that! As for the drainage, I did see that there was standing water in the drainage tray under the pot. I have since been monitoring that closely to make sure it's always empty.

Return to “Organic Insect and Plant Disease Control”