StevePots

Cucumber Moth Solutions?

Before I get all carried away and panic... Too late! lol

So I'm finding these guys on my lemon cucumber plants.
I looked them up and they are apparently cucumber moth caterpillars.
About 3 days ago I treated this plant with Neem because I noticed some yellow spots on the leaves. So I can only assume that Neem does not prevent cucumber moth caterpillars noshing on my plant.
Any other ideas. I have to go shopping for pesticides next week when I have some money again but for now if somebody could maybe recommend a home remedy until I get the big guns?

StevePots

I found something that kicks caterpillar butt so I made a video about it. Whooo molasses to the rescue.
just a side note, I read after that soap can be deadly to cucumber plants so I would try just the molasses next time and see. For now no caterpillars in sight. Not even eggs.
[youtuDOTbe]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3breX-H_R0[/youtuDOTbe]

imafan26
Mod

Bt works on most caterpillars. I worry more about pickle worms getting in the fruit. For that, I bag the fruit. Hand picking and pyrethrins are also options.

I have been lucky and not had too many caterpillars around since I have a strong garden patrol. The lizards, some of the birds eat most of them. Any plant that gets infested, I usually pull and destroy. Only 1 butterfly found my kale this year and I haven't seen any others since.

Return to “Organic Insect and Plant Disease Control”