applestar
Mod

SPIDER Photo Gallery

I consider spiders to be beneficial, though I realize many people can be phobic about them.

I leave them alone in the garden and tolerate them in the house as long as they are little ones or stay in out of the way places. I actually put them among the indoor garden plants and seedlings in the house and garage during the cold months.

My DD is afraid of them so after they reach a certain size, they are thanked for their services and ushered out the door to join the Garden Patrol, even if they are indoor spiders like house and cellar spiders.

I AM fascinated by them and like to ID them when I can. I know we have other threads in which spider photos were posted and ID'd but maybe we can start a new one?

It will be interesting to see what kind of spiders people from different parts of the country and world have around their gardens and homes. 8) Post pictures and ID them if you know, or you can ask for them to be ID'd. Once they are, I'll edit and add the ID to the OP photo.

...close the thread and walk away if you don't like seeing spider pictures... :wink:

applestar
Mod

I'll start with this one.
It was actually an unwelcome one that was -- honest! -- crawling on my leg in the dark. :?:

I pointed the light from the iPad at it, then boy did I turn the bedside lamp on in a hurry! :eek:

I didn't recognize it so I took a picture before tossing it out the front door. It has fangs :shock: so definitely a roving hunter and glad I didn't swat at it or otherwise agitate it while it was crawling on me.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Return to “Organic Insect and Plant Disease Control”