UrbanFarmerJon

Found this on my Bush Beans.

Found this tonight as I was ridding my broccoli of cabage worms. It was on my Wax Bush Beans and it didn't seem to afraid of me....
20150616_185529.jpg
Any ideas on good or bad??

I also spotted a slender green bug that seemed to move sideways across the bean leaf. It was bright green and b pretty quick too.

Demosouthpaw
Cool Member

UrbanFarmerJon wrote:Found this tonight as I was ridding my broccoli of cabage worms. It was on my Wax Bush Beans and it didn't seem to afraid of me....
20150616_185529.jpg
Any ideas on good or bad??

I also spotted a slender green bug that seemed to move sideways across the bean leaf. It was bright green and b pretty quick too.

Good afternoon OP,

As with any garden it is always good to have an IPM (integrated pest management) system in place. From experience it is easier to prevent rather than treat plants. An organic insecticide or horticultural soap goes a long way when used as recommended even if you do not have any signs of pests or disease. With that being said I would keep an eye on it and see if there are any adverse effects on any of your crop. Pests can get out of control very quickly.

Hope this helps

-Jonathan

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

Looks like a stink bug to me. Probably a Rough Stink Bug. A beneficial insect, if this is what it is.

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

The slender green bug might be a Leafhopper.

Return to “Organic Insect and Plant Disease Control”