shivrash

Help my Jasmine live...

DSC03055.JPG
DSC03056.JPG
I am from Hyderabad India. I have a jasmine plant, potted & is outdoor, for the last two years. Didn't had any problem in the last 1 & half years. It used to blossom regularly and was a healthy plant. However, recently I noticed that the leaves are showing whitish-yellowish spots. (Photo attached) The leaves were slowly getting curls and drying. Last week it shed all of the leaves and had only branches. I tried many remedies like using manure, fungicide, natural remedies. Result was it started developing new leaves but all had same problem (whitish-yellowish spots).
I don't understand what to do. Kindly help me in keeping my jasmine alive.
Note:
I generally water the plant daily in the evenings. Water is poured only on the soil and not on the plant. Pot is kept on tiles in the balcony area of my flat. I use natural compost for plants. Temperatures in our area: Avg-35-40 degC; Present temperature: 25-30 degC; Now, its rainy season.

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Looks like powdery mildew. Fungal. Your rainy season makes me think it's more likely to be fungal. Powdery mildew can cause leaf drop. It's hard to control once the plant is infected. There are several fungicides that work well when used as a preventative. Good garden cleanup helps keep it away and well as very airy planting (not planting too close or crowding). Remove ALL the leaves that are showing signs of infection and trash them. Keep up on your fungicide regimen.

shivrash

Lindsaylew82 wrote:Looks like powdery mildew. Fungal. Your rainy season makes me think it's more likely to be fungal. Powdery mildew can cause leaf drop. It's hard to control once the plant is infected. There are several fungicides that work well when used as a preventative. Good garden cleanup helps keep it away and well as very airy planting (not planting too close or crowding). Remove ALL the leaves that are showing signs of infection and trash them. Keep up on your fungicide regimen.
Thanks.. :D

The problem started in the summer (feb/march). Could you suggest some fungicides / natural remedies?

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

I personally like neem oil, follow label directions. Used weekly. You can use baking soda 4tsp in 1 gallon of water. Weekly. 10% milk solution (1part milk to 9 parts water). I've read about a cornmeal solution made from soaking 1 cup cornmeal in 1 gallon of water until milky, and then using the strained liquid as a spray weekly.

The first picture you posted didn't look like PM, but the second one did.

When you used your fungicide, what did you use?

It MAY not help at this point. The best thing to do is remove the damaged leaves and put them in the trash, not on the ground or in the pot.

How big is your pot, btw? Sometimes stressed plants are more susceptible to disease. If your plant is in a pot that's too small, it may be root bound and that could be stressing it out.

How old is the plant?

shivrash

Thanks..

What should be the dosage for using neem oil?

Return to “Organic Insect and Plant Disease Control”