egg_plant
Newly Registered

There something on my eggplant it's leave ??

Hi there ! :)
I found out the is some yellow/black swelling on one of my eggplant it's leave.
I'm sure some of you know what is happening and maybe why ?
I grow indoors in a small greenhouse on my windowsill.

Thanks in advance. :)

applestar
Mod

Need more clues! :wink:

-"some" means more than one? Are they clustered together?
-how big are they? Do you see any legs?
-describe the yellow and black pattern
-how does the leaf look? Healthy? Wilted? Losing color?
-can you take a photo or two and post them?

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

Better yet, a photo!

egg_plant
Newly Registered

hendi_alex wrote:Better yet, a photo!
Oh I tried doing that !! my camera just won't focus such small things. :(

applestar
Mod

If you are using your phone or other simple no-frills camera, best way to focus on something tiny that the auto-focus can't "see" is to focus on what the tiny thing in ON -- like the leaf itself, or on an object that is easier to focus on that is same distance away. So if a bug is on a stem and the camera keeps auto-focusing on the background, get it to focus on a leaf that is same distance away, then center the bug and snap the picture without initiating the auto-focus.

Get the lense as close as you can but if it doesn't have a macro-feature, then don't try to get too close beyond its ability to focus, but simply take the picture then crop the picture to "zoom in".

egg_plant
Newly Registered

applestar wrote:If you are using your phone or other simple no-frills camera, best way to focus on something tiny that the auto-focus can't "see" is to focus on what the tiny thing in ON -- like the leaf itself, or on an object that is easier to focus on that is same distance away. So if a bug is on a stem and the camera keeps auto-focusing on the background, get it to focus on a leaf that is same distance away, then center the bug and snap the picture without initiating the auto-focus.

Get the lense as close as you can but if it doesn't have a macro-feature, then don't try to get too close beyond its ability to focus, but simply take the picture then crop the picture to "zoom in".
I really apreciate the help, but I didn't understand any of it. :p I'm just no good with camera's and all that at all. :( sorry hunny, you're so sweet. :)

egg_plant
Newly Registered

applestar wrote:Need more clues! :wink:

-"some" means more than one? Are they clustered together?
-how big are they? Do you see any legs?
-describe the yellow and black pattern
-how does the leaf look? Healthy? Wilted? Losing color?
-can you take a photo or two and post them?
Yes, they're planted together. Now I realized I might've planted them way too close to each other... they're about 2/3 cm apart.

They're about 1 cm high. And I don't know what legs n this context means... I'm so sorry, English isn't my native language and googling it didn't help.

It seems like something half yellow and half black.

It looks as healthy and green like it should be !

shadylane
Green Thumb

Eggplant you may want to check underneath the leaves for fine webbing caused by spider mites. They cause markings on leaves that turn yellow/brown. If so us a spray bottle with a few drops of dish detergent and 3/4 part water. Spray underneath the leaves and use a paper towel to wipe off. Don't leave the towel laying around toss it in the garbage.

Return to “Organic Insect and Plant Disease Control”