erins327

Anyone have a cure for flea beetles on arugula?

Nothing seems to work, neem oil, soapy water spray, cayenne pepper spray. They are just making my arugula look like swiss cheese! :(

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

Each year I plant arugula and also have flea beetles, but the critters have never been a problem on the arugula. They love my egg plants however, and every year we do battle. I control the little beasts by squishing them. If I'm aggressive from their first of their arrival, the beetles never become much of a problem. Since arugula must not be their primary food choice, perhaps lift a few plant and pinch all but a couple of new leaves. Transplant these to a planting box or to another location in the yard. I bet the beetles will never find the transplants. Arugula should transplant with barely slowing down this time of year. Also, when warm enough, you may be able to offer a few egg plants, the beetles would likely leave the arugula alone as they love the egg plant so much. I've never really thoughtabout it before, but every year, before the flea beetles arrive, I have two fairly large egg plants planted on either side of my arugula bed. I bet that is why they never bother with the arugula.

Return to “Organic Insect and Plant Disease Control”